Coronavirus has taken from our church life some of the things we cherish – sharing Eucharist, singing, hugging or shaking hands in a passing of the peace. We all feel a sense of loss and grief, as well as confusion of how we can be a church without them. At the same time, we are learning new ways to be the church, serve God’s people and gather in community and in modified worship. Here at ELC we strive in all things to be careful, wise, truthful and prudent in our judgments as this public health emergency continues. It is our utmost priority to worship in the most safest way. Please see below all the precautions we have taken to resume our worship services in a meaningful, joyful, but also safe and caring way. We hope that you’ll be able to join us for worship, but if you don’t feel safe to come to worship in person, you can still worship with us on-line through Facebook Live Worship every Sunday at 9:30 AM.
sUNDAY mORNING WORSHIP
- You may park wherever you like, but we ask that you wear your mask and practice social distancing on your way into the building.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the building. For your safety and the safety of others, if you are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, we ask that you please stay home and watch the service virtually. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Please enter through the Choir Room entrance (parking lot entrance near 2nd St.). Once inside, continue down the hall to the sign-in table. If someone is already at the sign-in table, please keep your distance until they are finished.
- Hand sanitizer is available. Please sanitize your hands when entering the building.
- We have a table set up with greeters to check everyone in. We would like to keep record of who is at which worship service. This is a precaution in case someone does contract the virus. This way we are able to notify all who were in worship with that person.
- Once signed in, please continue down the hallway, and back to the Narthex.
- Ushers will be available for seating and will direct you on where to sit. Please do not congregate in the hallways and maintain social distance with others. We are asking that everyone sit with their immediate family members and maintain a six-foot distance from others.
- If the Sanctuary is full, we may ask you to move to the Chapel where you can watch a live version of the service or you may come back to a later service.
- We offer two worship services at 8:00 AM and 9:30 AM. Both services are identical, except we have a children’s message at the 9:30 AM service (children will not come forward).
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early for worship to allow enough time for cleaning between services.
- We will not hand out bulletins, the order of worship will be on the screens only.
- Pastors will wear masks during worship.
- We will not be singing. It has been proven that singing causes more germs to spread and we want to do our best to keep everyone as safe as we can.
- We will not shake hands during the passing of the peace.
- Communion will be offered the first Sunday of the month.
- The services are modified to provide cleaning time between the services.
- We will have offering boxes at each entrance to eliminate passing the plate.
- Please wait until your row is dismissed to leave your pew.
- We are asking everyone to please use the exit at the front of the Sanctuary on the right. You will exit the church through the red doors on 2nd St.
- We will have one male and one female restroom available on the main floor. We ask that only one person use the restroom at a time.
- After each service we have a wonderful group of “helpers” who are willing to sanitize and clean the Sanctuary, Narthex, hallways and bathrooms to make it safe for our next group.
BUILDING USAGE POLICY
- ELC will remain closed to all outside groups at this time.
- Ministry groups and committees are strongly encouraged to meet virtually or at an outdoor location.
- If any group feels they need to meet in-person at the church they must schedule their meeting with the church office and follow a detailed cleaning procedure.
- Children and youth Sunday school classes will resume in person meetings on Sunday February 21st @ 10:30 AM.
- Please understand that these changes are temporary and have been established to help protect all of our members to the best of our ability. These changes are being made with the guidance of the CDC, our Bishop along with other bishops, our Covid-19 team (Rachel Moritz, Andy Rovelstad, John Stains, Pam Wagaman, Tammy Ditch, Tracy Nickel, Pastor Drahus, and Pastor Dennis), and our church council. We will probably make modifications as time goes along. We will do our best to keep you updated.
Evangelical Lutheran Church
43 S. Church St
Waynesboro PA 17268
Waynesboro PA 17268
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM